The Sccabco Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OLFSL 2011 Season.

+5
Colt
wakey
Mauni
Rookie41
atomant
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

OLFSL 2011 Season. - Page 5 Empty Re: OLFSL 2011 Season.

Post by Mauni Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Very nice drive ToM. You were little slower than me based on the qualifying times, but kept in my mirrors for the whole race.

I was actually little surprised to stay on the road after yesterday's horrible race. Not so much action, but the race was still fun.

tommy10101 wrote:
Sorry about your t1 incident istabraq. I haven't seen the replay yet so not quite sure what happened.

It was lap 1 last turn actually. I lined left to make a pass on inside. I missed my braking point and cut to Izzy's line in the corner, which resulted for him to get two wheels on grass and spin. Sorry about that Izzy Embarassed
Mauni
Mauni
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 am

Had an OK race.
Made 2 big mistakes which caused me to spin and lose lots of time.
I also should have worked out the fuel use a little more so I didn't have to do it one handed while driving in front of ANT ... I went off road and lost another spot.

Completely stuffed the last lap due to checking the map instead of the road .. went off in T2 and did some quarter mile rally-cross.

Had fun tho, I was a lot faster during race than during qualify ... good racing.
A little bit too lagged for close racing.

Nearly took out Gerrit when I passed him and had massive oversteer Embarassed

Was fun! Got to work late!
Smile
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:29 am

Wanted to say Thx to the whole SCCC team, you all did super this last season. I managed a solid 4th in the last race and was glad to see Rookie flying by me.

I watched the pool 2 race and was pleased to see mauni and Tom run such a strong race, was unforunate that Izzy spun so soon, seems that his car might have taken some damage.

Gerrit and I went into t1 side by each, I lost him in my mirrors and have notyet seen the replay, I sure hope I didn't run him off the road Embarassed if so I will apologize.

Hope to see you all back next season, in the meantime if anyone wants to find us other events to drive I'm all for it.

AAnt
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 am

Hi

Was driven off the road, rear-ended by MtnRunner, at final corner lap 1, when he uused ny car as a brake, end of my race. Nearly anger quit the race, sustained damage. Also seriously rear-ended by Sami, no hard feelings against him, as he apologised. Then rear-ended by idiot Kelle when I pulled off racing line, slowed down to allow him to pass, he had more than enough room to do a safe pass. Maliciously he rear ended me in the pits, causing further damage after car was repaired. Two laps in a row with pit stops... Sorry, Rookie41, think we nearly colliided somewhere in race, unsure what happened.

Btw, I offered to apologised to OLFSL staff for my statements on the site after the last minute race change, they declined the offer as unnecessary. One even supported me, stating that he also did not agree with it. Will be a sad day if participants in events can't diasagree with decisions.

Regards
-Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

http://www.capetownscuba.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi Gerrit,
Wow, that sounds like the race totally sucked. You're a better man than me, I would have lost it if someone hit me in the pits.

Thx for keeping your cool, shows great sportmanship Smile

AAnt
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 am

All good Gerrit,
the wind direction made my car unstable in turn 2, which was where I overtook you on the outside resulting in oversteer and nearly hitting you Embarassed

The car felt great and I was loving it, I just couldn't keep my head cool for 25 laps and every mistake I made resulted in a spin or some off-road racing.
If I didn't stuff up I could have been around Ant at the finish line as I was keeping up with him for a while.

I nearly crashed when I overtook DD-Capman in the S-curve after he missed the turn-in point. I must admit that was a stupid move and was very lucky he backed off or we'd both have been in the wall.

Good to see SCCC well presented in that series.
I'll do my very best to turn up for future events or leagues Smile
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5