The Sccabco Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New season of the OLFSL

+6
GianniC
Sprinter__
popeye
lake
Colt
Tukko
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New season of the OLFSL Empty New season of the OLFSL

Post by Tukko Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 am

http://lfs-league.com/

17th of May: Aston North 23 UFR+XFR
31st of May: Aston Cadet 50 MRT
14th of June: South City Long 22 XFG
28th of June: Fern Bay Club reverse 60 LX4
19th of July: Westhill International 25 XRT
6th of September: Kyoto ring GP Long reverse 21 XRR+FZR
20th of September: Kyoto ring Oval 76 FO8
11th of October: Kyoto ring National reverse 28 FOX
25th of October: Fern Bay Black 16 FXO
8th of November: Aston National 27 FXR
22th of November: Fern Bay Gold reverse 29 RB4
6th of December: Blackwood GP 38 XXX

The calendar looks pretty ok to me ( except the oval race Shocked) so I thought I could give it a try again.. Mauni, Colt, Lake, any cabbie interested? Very Happy

Last edited by Tukko on Fri May 15, 2009 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

New season of the OLFSL Empty Re: New season of the OLFSL

Post by Colt Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 pm

I ll be moving to my new house soon , so i guess you wont see me in LFS for ages Surprised
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukko Sun May 31, 2009 5:54 pm

2 races done, time for little report...

Race 1 UFR @ Aston North: Nothing really to say.. qualified 11th in pool 1 but couldn't make the race because of my ISP problems.. f***k Sonera!! Evil or Very Mad

Race 2 MRT @ Aston Cadet: Qualified on pole... errr in pool 3 Embarassed Next time I'd better practice before the quali!

The race started well, I was leading the first 9 laps until a little concentration lost in the downhill chicane.. and spin. Luckily I didn't hit anything hard so I could continue in 4th place without damage. Bit later I managed to pass couple of cars in front of me so I was running 2nd for the next 30+ laps. That was pretty boring, I was about 10 sec behind the leader and the guy behind had about same gap to me. Towards the end I thought I should at least try to get the fastest lap so started hotlapping... bad idea Rolling Eyes On lap 49, last turn, I hit the grass and spin of course.. lost there that 10 sec lead I had and the next guy was right behind my ass. Last lap was pretty exciting sliding with dirty tyres and trying to keep my position.. managed to do that with 0.x secs finally so happy end after all Very Happy

Next race is on June 14th, the mighty old XFG @ South City Long.. I really don't like the car (FWD bah!) but at least it will be easier for my old nerves Cool Anyone of you XFG lovers interested joining this one? Twisted Evil

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

Post by lake Sun May 31, 2009 9:45 pm

Tukko wrote:2 races done, time for little report...

Race 1 UFR @ Aston North: Nothing really to say.. qualified 11th in pool 1 but couldn't make the race because of my ISP problems.. f***k Sonera!! Evil or Very Mad

Race 2 MRT @ Aston Cadet: Qualified on pole... errr in pool 3 Embarassed Next time I'd better practice before the quali!

The race started well, I was leading the first 9 laps until a little concentration lost in the downhill chicane.. and spin. Luckily I didn't hit anything hard so I could continue in 4th place without damage. Bit later I managed to pass couple of cars in front of me so I was running 2nd for the next 30+ laps. That was pretty boring, I was about 10 sec behind the leader and the guy behind had about same gap to me. Towards the end I thought I should at least try to get the fastest lap so started hotlapping... bad idea Rolling Eyes On lap 49, last turn, I hit the grass and spin of course.. lost there that 10 sec lead I had and the next guy was right behind my ass. Last lap was pretty exciting sliding with dirty tyres and trying to keep my position.. managed to do that with 0.x secs finally so happy end after all Very Happy

Next race is on June 14th, the mighty old XFG @ South City Long.. I really don't like the car (FWD bah!) but at least it will be easier for my old nerves Cool Anyone of you XFG lovers interested joining this one? Twisted Evil

Go go Tukko kill em all Wink

Not sure to be there the 14th....maybe
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

https://scccabco.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lake Sun May 31, 2009 9:47 pm

Colt wrote:I ll be moving to my new house soon , so i guess you wont see me in LFS for ages Surprised

Yes move then take a connection and come back Colt Very Happy
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:34 pm

@ Tukko, thx for the report. I like the idea of hotlapping during the race most. Very funny Very Happy
popeye
popeye
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Tukko in pool 3 Question , did you try to drive with only one hand ?
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprinter__ Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 pm

Nice to see you keeping the SCCC flag flying. I hope you enjoyed the race, concentration laps's are something i have manged all my racing career ...... affraid

Sprinter__
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukko Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Colt wrote:Tukko in pool 3 Question , did you try to drive with only one hand ?
I'm just getting old and slow Embarassed

Race 3 XFG @ South City Long: I started in pool 2, 12th or 13th. (can't really remember, me old fart) The race was ok though I kept hitting those fuckin walls at least twice a lap Evil or Very Mad Last couple of laps were especially painful as my elbow came through the door scratching walls in every right turn Smile Finally, after 22 laps I finished in satisfying 8th place.

Next race is with one of my favourite cars.. LX4 around Fe Club reversed, that should be interesting trying to keep the clutch and tyres cool Shocked

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Joined up Wink

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by lake Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Good Tukko keep up the good work Wink
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 am

LX4 around Fe Club reversed, that should be interesting trying to keep the clutch and tyres cool

I did 30 laps yesterday and didn't had much problems with the tyres, clutch got a bit heated though but it was doable still.
Of course I also drive 2 seconds slower than you, that might have an effect Razz

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprinter__ Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 pm

What is all this talk about hot clutches, have i missed something ? is there a new feature in LFS with temperature readouts or is it a new add on for producing smells ? Very Happy

Sprinter__
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukko Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Sprinter__ wrote:What is all this talk about hot clutches, have i missed something ? is there a new feature in LFS with temperature readouts or is it a new add on for producing smells ? Very Happy

When have you played LFS last time? Shocked Well there's a new feature, I noticed that some time ago when I was happily flatshifting my UFR around South City and suddenly the car stopped moving.. I was like wtf until someone told me I had burned my clutch Neutral That's really stupid feature imho, far from realistic Evil or Very Mad
And the smell.. yup, it comes from your arse Wink

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:19 am

Qualified not so good... but the good news is: I can drive 1 second faster in reality than my qualify lap Laughing Rolling Eyes
Hopefuly I don't have to start the race in the middle of the pack and I can start somewhat in front of the last or prelast pool....

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Qualified 5th in Pool 5. Race result is not bad, though I had aimed for being 3rd (00:00:11 gap) Razz
Damn wind set on the track, took me 30 laps to find good brake points Evil or Very Mad
Close racing for 45ish laps for place 1,2,3 and 4. Then some doubled guy made an error and number 1 and 2 had a too big lead.

New season of the OLFSL OLFSL_feclublx409

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukko Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:11 pm

I started 3rd in pool 2, finished 13th .. Shit race Evil or Very Mad I had a good start and while the 2 guys infront of me we're battling I managed to get the lead for a sec.. until going into the chicane something (someone, lol no idea really havent watched the replay yet Shocked ) hit me, made me spin and damaged the car.. I was last after that, got past few cars and made some stunts Embarassed Tyres were reeeally hot about half of the 60 laps race, at the end they were ok tho so I did some hotlapping again...... fucked up a nice 23.01 split too, bah Neutral

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 am

You know, that's why I never push for qualifying. Rather in the last pool for some great racing, than being a pool ahead and last Laughing
Though that's nothing to do with this, just a general comment.

Too bad about your race Tukko, though it was forseeable that such events would occur. Winning here would be about consistent good driving without errors, not fast driving. At least you finished Wink I had no tyre troubles though beside last 10ish laps in the race. Slide less!

We also had an annoying strong wind during the race, you guys too ? Really hated that, I could have been driving so much better.

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukko Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:09 pm

I noticed the wing thing too, I had troubles finding the right braking point of the last turn.. I went twice off road there... (just to take a better look at the beach view) Embarassed That's probably why my tyres overheated so much.. 90% of the time I went too fast into the last turn and had to throw the car sideways there just to survive Sad

Pool 2 seems to be good for me now, maybe with more practice I'd get into pool 1 but there wouldn't be much of a chance anyway to be on top against those damn aliens Neutral

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Any sets already for the next combo ? Westhil + XRT.

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tukko Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:23 pm

GianniC wrote:Any sets already for the next combo ? Westhil + XRT.

nope Neutral I'll miss that race anyway .. I have another league race at the same time Embarassed

Tukko
Amateur member
Amateur member

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks for the stories sccc-heroes! cheers
popeye
popeye
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:48 pm

XRT at Westhill.

Qualified 3rd in Pool 5. Dislike the car and there were tyre problems (overheating). Tweaked the set with aid from AtomAnt. Went very well, when driving careful I could do all 25 laps without a pitstop, so that was my race strategy: slow, but without errors nor stop. Plan got a bit fooled by 'no mandatory pit stop needed for this race'-rule, nevertheless it went smooth. Great start, after one lap I was 1st and stayed that way for the entire race. One tiny error, for the rest constant driving doing my laps perfectly. Builded up a gap up to 10 seconds and then did some tyre saving. Halfway the race I boosted my lap times again to drive faster and got a gap of 20-22 seconds. Kept that constant again for the tyres and then I started doubling people. Last three laps I went on full power again and did a new PB (still slow, but oh well!).

Finished and won my first OLFSL race Cool

The event got overshadowed by bad news though. Few days before the race AtomAnt his 27-years-old daughter died. In her memory and to support Ant I used a modified SCCC skin. Stay strong Ant... and excuse me now, I got to deliver my victory flowers and my nice golden cup to Tiffany in heaven! Wink To support AtomAnt you can always leave a message for him here. It also shows a picture of Tiffany and her daughter.

New season of the OLFSL SCCCTiffany

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Good news and bad news at the same time Sad , well congrats Gianni and codolences for AtomAnt , i always liked his inspired posts on the LFS forums , I hope he will be strong and move throught these bad moments .
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 am

More good news: in event 4 the guy in front of me received a penalty for cutting, meaning I gained a position and ended 3rd!

2 races, once third, one win. In last pool, but that doesn't matter Laughing

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next