The Sccabco Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCCC and endurance racing ?

+3
Rookie41
Colt
GianniC
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SCCC and endurance racing ? Empty SCCC and endurance racing ?

Post by GianniC Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi guys,

There are two endurance leagues out there with a top grid and a great professional organisation:

Masters of Endurance (MoE):
http://www.mastersofendurance.eu/
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41

IGTC:
http://www.lfsigtc.net/
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Most league races of this kind start at 18 GMT (qualify) - 19 GMT race and then 4 up to 12 hours of racing.
Now. I am actively racing. I can race (depending on day of course) between the 16-20 GMT hours, maybe up till 21 GMT. In the morning I could again (depending on day again) race from 7 GMT to 19 GMT again, with some breaks in between of course for food, parents, ...

Rookie41 is Australian, meaning that his timezone is interesting for this kind of endurance racing (I think). If we could find 2 more Cabbies who can race later than me (who have no whiney parents despite being 21-years-old...), then we could set up our own Endurance Cabbie Team. Undoubtful leading to great promotion of SCCC, lots of fun, top racing and giving us a whole new level of LFS and challenges (in race take-overs, communication, teamwork, ...).

What do you guys think ?

Cheers

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

SCCC and endurance racing ? Empty Re: SCCC and endurance racing ?

Post by Colt Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:58 pm

I did some endurance races in a french league and found it quite enjoyable , if it fits my disponibility i could help you in this but i dont like driving those big GTR they do in MOE .
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Count me in (if you can handle my slowness) Razz

I could do your late night shifts ... as that's morning for me (OLFSL races usually start between 3-5 am for me).

edit:

next IGTC event is 22nd August, South City Long, Clear Day ... min 2 drivers required (4 hour race i think) ...
so if its just GC and me we could still try and get in Cool
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:25 am

I could be interested, but I'm not sure if I can match longer races to work etc. And endurance racing would mean I'd have to drive sober, haven't tried that for a while pig
Mauni
Mauni
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:21 am

22nd of August won't work for me though, got exam the day after.

We could try the 8 hour event on "26th September, Aston Historic, Clear Day" ?
Though there are 3 more times waiting to enter before us.

So..hmm... why not organise our own 4 hours event first ? Just our Endurance Cabbie group and the AI ? Will be boring maybe, but then we can see how everything works, if it is manageable, ... Would be good for us Rookie; we could do the FZR on the KY Long Rev combo (next OLFSL race). Training for two leagues in one ! If all goes well, then we can subscribe as one of the first for IGTC 2010 season.

Last edited by GianniC on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 am

Fine by me!
I can make it work, count me in ! cheers
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 am

Edited my up post, re-read please ^

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:57 am

GianniC wrote:Edited my up post, re-read please ^

Just re-read it and i think it's an excellent idea.

One of use could host the race and fill the grid with AI.
When can you do this? Morning for you = evening for me ... evening for you = really early for me Cool

I work a few days / week, but i can chose which days (for the next week) so i'm pretty flexible Smile
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:50 pm

When can you race between 12(am) GMT and 20 GMT ?

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Currently there's 10 hours difference between GMT and my time.

12:00 GMT until 20:00 GMT is usually when I'm asleep during the week (if i have to work the next day)

on NON-work days i can stay up until 13:00-14:00 GMT if needed.

So on NON-work days (during the week) i'm available 20:00-21:30 GMT & 23:30-12:00 GMT ( so a bit in the evening then all the way until lunchtime).
During weekends I'm available 20:00 - 14:00 (next day for you).

I do not work tomorrow (Wednesday), working Thursday ... then working Friday or Saturday again.

Hmmm I'm rather busy LOL. I think this week isn't too great for me to do this Sad
We can plan it for next week? Or when you see me online we can just start a server quickly and do it!

rabbit
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 am

How about Tuesday 11th of August 2009 - 12:00 GMT (lunchtime) we do our Endurance test ?
Thats 10 PM for me ... a Red Bull should keep me awake to play for an hour or 2 max (or i will get too much wife aggro Razz )
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Sorry for bumping this thread after a whole week, but what I read sounds good. I´d love to do some endurance racing aswell. If you worry about the days the races are on stop worrying because GTAL, IGTC and MoE sessions are either on Saturdays or Sundays. Very Happy Entering IGTC? Hmm, don´t know if we still could as there are 6 teams on the waiting list. Participating in MoE? As far as I know you can´t just "sign up" for a MoE season. You have to get invited. Don´t think this would be the case as many members are quite inactive from time to time. Maybe we should try and sign up for the 2010 IGTC season or for the new GTAL season next year. But if there are too many teams applying for the season there is a qualifying event and then the best out of this event are allowed to race.

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:34 am

That's some great information there D2007.

We need to talk some more about this, do some testing and seriously look into getting us ready for one of these events/seasons.

alien
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:25 am

Just let me know when and where and I'll be there like a clean pressed shirt Very Happy Only day I won't race elsewhere is when an OLFSL race is on the board.

Ant
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 am

I can pull some strings to get into the MoE, don't think that'll be a problem..

I'd say do some internal training events first for ourselfs and then check for the 2010 IGTC season would be our best bet ?

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:20 am

GianniC wrote:I can pull some strings to get into the MoE, don't think that'll be a problem..

I'd say do some internal training events first for ourselfs and then check for the 2010 IGTC season would be our best bet ?

Maybe we should enter a smaller Endurance league first. New Dimension Racing has now taken over the GTAL Managment and they want to run the new season parallel to the MoE events this year. With the upcoming new balancing it might even be not that easy to choose a car. FZR will be carrying even more ballast in GT1 (not that there would be a GT1 class in GTAL) and FZR will lose some of it´s abilitys in GT2 with a higher intake restriction and maybe some weight penaltys. If we were to enter MoE, the best car at the moment would be FZR, but that´s likely to change. Atleast that´s what Ben said today on the SR server. He said FZR will most likely get a ballance between 20 - 40 kg in GT1. GT2? He thinks it´ll get some kilos added to the intake restriction.

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I think I have might have found out what next seasons MoE balancing might look like. NDR has announced their balancing for the last round of the LFSBC/NDRC here. I think that´s pretty much what we´ll get next season. The MoE admins are defenately gonna watch that 2hour race to have a close look at the cars performances. I think they´ll take that as a base and then do some minor changes after testing. Ben even said that some fast people should sign up for the last race to get a good overview of the cars abilitys (not that anyone of us was fast Wink).

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:20 pm

GC had a good idea, lets practice on the same days as Moe and Igtc league for a while and see who shows up, that way we know who has the time frame available. Voice is a must for endu, and while it can seem like a big task, trust me , it's easier to wear down faster racers in 3 hours than it is in 3 laps.

I love endu for that fact, my first S1 race was 90 laps @ FE Gold in the ASPECT racing league and I placed 3rd (XRT). Keep on mind that only 5 of us finished out of 12, but in S1 12 was large.

We need a server, I can VIA paypass cover us to GC and he can arrange with 500 or anyone else and I'll cover half of every month...but we need a server. All the programs Tim (T1ger) has wrote for OLFSL are available to us, that's the cost of getting him on as admin super to OLFSL ( I know a good programmer when I see one).

Keep in mind we need to prepare to before jumping into 4 or 8 hour events, but we are well positioned to do this ( ie. Rookie is in OZ...GC in EU and me in Canada and others , so we're good that way. Used to suck trying to do this when everyone was in the same time zone.

If all else fails , can we run the Christmas Cadet as an SCCC thing this year? 60 Laps @ AS1 MRT?

AAnt
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 pm

atomant wrote:GC had a good idea, lets practice on the same days as Moe and Igtc league for a while and see who shows up, that way we know who has the time frame available. Voice is a must for endu, and while it can seem like a big task, trust me , it's easier to wear down faster racers in 3 hours than it is in 3 laps.

I love endu for that fact, my first S1 race was 90 laps @ FE Gold in the ASPECT racing league and I placed 3rd (XRT). Keep on mind that only 5 of us finished out of 12, but in S1 12 was large.

We need a server, I can VIA paypass cover us to GC and he can arrange with 500 or anyone else and I'll cover half of every month...but we need a server. All the programs Tim (T1ger) has wrote for OLFSL are available to us, that's the cost of getting him on as admin super to OLFSL ( I know a good programmer when I see one).

Keep in mind we need to prepare to before jumping into 4 or 8 hour events, but we are well positioned to do this ( ie. Rookie is in OZ...GC in EU and me in Canada and others , so we're good that way. Used to suck trying to do this when everyone was in the same time zone.

If all else fails , can we run the Christmas Cadet as an SCCC thing this year? 60 Laps @ AS1 MRT?

AAnt

We need defenatly a server for practicing, and voice chat for that. I´d need to buy a new headset for that as someone called D2007 broke it, but that´s not a big deal. As far as I know IGTC has both sessions, qual and race, on Saturday starting around 18:30 UTC. GTAL is I think the same. MoE is a bit more complicated. Qual is on the Sunday before the week the event is in and on the Friday before that event. Starting at 20:00 UTC. Race starting time depends on the race length.

And a possible Christmas event? I´d be for that aslong as I´m allowed to drive a RWD car that´s not a part of the LRF class on a track that´s not a rallyX track or the oval.

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Great ideas i read here above me.

Depending on how many people need to "communicate" with eachother i could ask my best friend if we could use his 10 slot Ventrilo server.
We used it all the time while playing WoW.

I noticed that with most Endurance leagues the cars are restricted. How much different are they compared to the unrestricted cars we race with in OLFSL ?
Personally i find the unrestricted cars a handful as they are so much faster than the normal slow stuff we race.

Anyway,
let me know when we want to do our first endurance test, i will be there.
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Rookie41 wrote:Great ideas i read here above me.

Depending on how many people need to "communicate" with eachother i could ask my best friend if we could use his 10 slot Ventrilo server.
We used it all the time while playing WoW.

I noticed that with most Endurance leagues the cars are restricted. How much different are they compared to the unrestricted cars we race with in OLFSL ?
Personally i find the unrestricted cars a handful as they are so much faster than the normal slow stuff we race.

Anyway,
let me know when we want to do our first endurance test, i will be there.

Diffrence? What sort of diffrence do you mean? Laptime diffrences, setup diffrences or what?

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:07 am

I mean, how much slower are they? Is it noticable?
They must have a bit less power than the normal ones, right?

Does it need a different car setup too? (like more wing ... less camber and such? or is it the same, just intake restriction + added weight? )
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 am

Yup you need a non feedback headset ( that's one that cancels the wheel squeaking ) But, I'll differ to the home team.

AAnt
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:18 am

Rookie41 wrote:I mean, how much slower are they? Is it noticable?
They must have a bit less power than the normal ones, right?

Does it need a different car setup too? (like more wing ... less camber and such? or is it the same, just intake restriction + added weight? )

If your really in a close fight with someone or you´re really pushing hard you don´t really notice the speed diffrence. It´s only when a higher classed car laps you or you look down onto your speedo or you start listening to the engine closely. GT2s are atleast 5 seconds of the GT1s pace. And yes they have less power. Alot less power to be honest, round about 130 bhp less than normal GTRs. If you make a GT2 setup you have to take into consideration that after you added the restrictions, first thing to do is shorten the gear ratios. And GT2s need less downforce not more, often with abit of understeer in the wing balance, as GT2s have softer suspension settings than GT1s. Why? Don´t ask me, but if you add intake restriction in lfs the car gets softer. R2s are also often used for GT2s, camber should be pretty much the same. And of course how it feels to drive them? Well XRR is alot easier to drive as a GT2 car as it doesn´t understeer as much as the GT1 spec car and has less torque and because of that more traction. FXR is very nice to drive as a GT2 car aswell. All the horrible understeer is gone. FZR? Hmm, I think with the new balancing that it will be abit handicapped compared to the other two and it´s not that easy to drive. It also needs more fuel than the other two, although GT2 cars in general need 0,3 - 0,4% less fuel per lap on shorter tracks. Current GT2 restrictions for tomorrows NDR event are: 24% - XRR ; 23% - FXR ; 21% FZR. Changes up to 5% of these values wouldn´t be really noticeable incase something changes for the MoE rulebook. If you still have any questions or you want to go and have a session with me on our server, just post here. Very Happy

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:17 am

That was an interesting read.
I learned some things too !

Hmm i guess it really depends on which league we want to join then to setup the car (% of intake restriction, added weight ...)
I think i'll check some leagues and modify my car's setup and get a good idea of what it all does in offline races.
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next