The Sccabco Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update from Us Cabbies on LFS

+2
lake
atomant
6 posters

Go down

Update from Us Cabbies on LFS Empty Update from Us Cabbies on LFS

Post by atomant Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Teamies,

Much fun has been had over the last few months, due in part to DeadMen Racing. The Cab Stand is well represented with Fair Funny and most definetly Fast play. It's nice to see chaps just get better and better and also share a set or offer any help they can.

Sharing Voice through skype has worked well and fast friends we have all become, however I am known for being chatty so be warned.

Wakey has been a staple with consistant driving winning him more than one podium, IZZY is gang busters in the XRR and I take pride in providing some set insight. We see lots of old and New friends on the DMR server and the OLFSL is due to start soon.

Mauni ( when he doesn't have his nose in some book) has been a driver everyone respects for his driving skill and fair play.

The OLFSL last year seen us do 8th overall, 3 drivers and 1 that is on call so we did well, we had a driver in the top 25 and I had my best finish of 2nd in the Mighty Mrt.

This year will see us break top 15 and at least 2 wins, keep in mind that whenever the OLFSL goes into qual mode for the race....the WR has fallen an incredible 93% of the time.

I said 2 wins, I did not say 2 Pool 1 wins Smile

You can find us most days on the Deadmen racing sever between 18:30 and 20:30 GMT.

I wil try to caputure some of the OLFSL this next season.

Hope your week goes well, and again, thx for having us all in the Cabbie Family.

AAnt

p.s. An Ant will milk an Aphid, but it won't kill it and eat it's flesh.....what's up with you Humans and cows? Like my avatar?
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Update from Us Cabbies on LFS Empty Re: Update from Us Cabbies on LFS

Post by lake Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 am

Thanks for report Aant.

Go for cabbies !!!!
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

https://scccabco.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprinter__ Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for the report Ant, it makes me want to get the wheel out ....

and on that very note, i managed to install LFS on this here Laptop, and it ran reasonably well, my lap times sucked, this is mainly due to the fact that i suck, but a little bit because i was using the track pad .. i will have to get my wheel attached to it. So hold to you horses i may be last in a server near you soon-ish. Smile

On the note of driving how do you find each other on line, i can't remember how to do it !!!

Sprinter__
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 am

I just posted a member request in Private sector, please review.

How are yah, I am more than happy to give some info on what the fast masters are up to.

We are going to encourage DMR to beat our butts in the OLFSL, we got a very spread out race calendar this season...qual is open, race 1 Mar 20th...goes to OCT Smile

Dust the mouse pad and join us...if you really suck that bad, at least you drive with a group that does the same...lfs-league will get you there.

I want LFS IPAD..when you turn the pad the screen moves as the wheel.

Am I the first to think you can turn all degrees...the PLAYBOOK from RIM.

Be well Sprinter, Markus(mauni) always has nice things to say about you.

AAnt.

If an ant were the size of a F1 car, it could do a 90 degree turn at 180MPH, with no loss of speed...anyone got a set like that for the FO8?

atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Sprinter__ wrote:On the note of driving how do you find each other on line, i can't remember how to do it !!!

Hey nice to see you every once in a while Smile

Just log in to the LFS world and take look at Live alert to where people are. You probably have to add some friends to find the "new" recruits (AtomAnt, istabraq and wakey are the most active ATM) Wink.

We've been racing on Dead Men Racing a lot lately. 1 hour races on thursdays have always been a blast. If you can't race, come on and join us on skype Wink
Mauni
Mauni
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Sprinter__ wrote:Thanks for the report Ant, it makes me want to get the wheel out ....

and on that very note, i managed to install LFS on this here Laptop, and it ran reasonably well, my lap times sucked, this is mainly due to the fact that i suck, but a little bit because i was using the track pad .. i will have to get my wheel attached to it. So hold to you horses i may be last in a server near you soon-ish. Smile

On the note of driving how do you find each other on line, i can't remember how to do it !!!

We could really use a spotter in the test race, and your opinion and any driving habits is alway welcomed.

You can find us on OLFSL Practice Server 18:00 GMT to about 21:00, password Topgear. if you have skype just add LFSANT and I'll connect you with the other drivers.

Would love to have you come back and at least chat.

Smile

AAnt
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Well with 2 events left SCCC has moved into 8th in the team standings. The whole team gapped 2 weeks ago and forgot to add members to team to gather points.

We have to out gun the KA racing team for 6th place, but with some solid BG1 driving I'm sure we can do it.

AAnt
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:00 am

I'll be back for 1 race only next event.
We'll need a set pretty soon so I can start training as it's been MONTHS since I drove any LFS.

Let's catch KA !
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 am

Also seem to be missing a skin for the BF1?
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

I've got one in my viewer, maybe i forgot to post it.
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:39 am

Well we moved into 7th with 1 race to go, KA Racing is only 40 points in front of us for 6th.

We can beat these guys Smile

AAnt

@Rookie, hope you can make this race.
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:39 pm

It seems KA Racing has made a bit of a mistake, they thought the race was on OCT 30th and not one of the team qualified for the last race of the season.

With most of us LFS Cabbies racing this weekend we stand a shot at moving as high as fifth overall.

Stay on the road and wear them down, aim to finish then worry about finishing 1st.

Take no prisoners Smile

AAnt

The race can be watched on LFS Remote or by downloading the replay for OLFSL.
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 am

Almost 2 years since I posted on this thread, just an FYI, both Mauni and I have been hard at work this month scaring the bejeepers out of the Dead men racing crew. Mauni as usual has really been outstanding in both DMr and Dominate Monkey servers.

LFS, still alive and well.

Ant
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:17 pm

This just in from the Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scawen View Post
Hello everyone!

The developers are all alive and working on LFS.

Eric has been working on new tracks. He slowed up a bit during some of the great English summer which we don't get very often. I have enjoyed test driving on two of his new tracks which look great and I look forward to the time when they can be released.

I am still working on the tyre physics, though I haven't really made serious progress this year. I also enjoyed the summer, did a lot of cycling and running too. It's a better hobby than smoking like I used to, and I really enjoy it. But the good news is it won't pay the bills!

LFS income has gradually gone down as it always does between updates. That that has increased the urgency of finishing the tyre physics. So I plan to get down to it, make the appropriate approximations and sort out a good physically based system, with enough assumptions to make it workable, accepting that total realism is an unachievable goal.

I just got a bit excited about stereoscopic 3d support, which some people will like because they'll be able to see LFS in 3d on a 3d TV, if their TV supports "side-by-side" or "top and bottom" mode. Also headsets should be supported if they accept one of those output modes. The old headsets that require specific support and sequential output will not be supported. For example a Sony HMZ works but a Vuzix VR920 does not. A more recent Vuzix should work but the field of view is not really good enough to give you peripheral vision. I'm not sure how much it will benefit the Oculus Rift at the moment. I think that depends on a pixel shader to provide the proper distortion, which I think is not available in D3D8. Anyway, one of the output options will be non-squashed (full) side-by-side 3D, which may possibly make it easier to use the Oculus Rift. Anyway it is a step in that direction. It does appear that the current Oculus Rift's resolution is too low for a racing simulator at the moment. Anyway I should be able to post a 3d test patch in a few days, I'm guessing early next week. Some people will enjoy that, though I realise most people, like me, don't have 3d equipment.

Victor is still with us, although he has indeed got another job, which looks like a really good one, putting his excellent skills to more use. I'm pleased for him about that, as his job here wasn't often really full time, although he is an absolutely vital member of our team. He needed a job as well because our profit share isn't one third each and depends on our actual contributions to the project. Victor started later and never has so much work, so for that reason only, his profit share was a bit of a tight squeeze to live on, specially with the gradual reduction in profits while we are waiting for a serious update.

People ask why I don't come here more often with progress reports. But there hasn't been enough progress to give a report. And it's not appealing to come here and say that. Every month I've thought I would be making more progress, and would have some good progress to report the following month. Hope you see what I mean...

Anyway, we do have to pay the bills and I'm very interested to get the better feeling tyre model out there for everyone to enjoy. You've heard it all before so I don't expect great enthusiasm. It will take a while yet, but hopefully not too long.
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:19 pm

So it seems all hope is not lost so, dust off those wheels Cabbies and come join us at Dead Men Racing and get back in the groove.

Ant
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Good to hear from devs every once in a while. Looks like scawen has accepted that game can never be real life accurate and everything cannot be calculated. That should bring us to new tyre physics some. Maybe even next year... I don't understand the 3D gimmick. It's something that brings nothing to most of us. Why waste time on something like that?

I've racing actively past two weeks. It's been very fun to race old friends. Very nice to see guys from DMR and monkeys. I would like to courage other cabbies too to give some exercise to their dusty wheels. I certainly didn't remember it was this fun race with people.

Special thanks to Ant, who has been waving the cabbie flag high, even though the rest of us have been so very inactive. Thank you Buddy!
Mauni
Mauni
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 am

Nice to hear LFS isn't dead!
Hopefully S3 comes out sooner than later...
Rookie41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:18 pm

An epic battle between Mauni and DeeSlider from DMr. The last 30 minutes of an hour race seen Mauni and Dee neck and neck, swapping corners and mixing it up down the straights without trading paint.

Mauni took a chance with running R1 tires in the FOX and half way around the last lap he had a tire blow, leaving him finishing 3rd instead of a well deserved 2nd.

Way to go Pal.

Ant
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lake Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm

i cant drive LFS anymore.
I tried, i tried but now it looks impossible.
I hope they will make some huuuge upgrade one day but not sure at all.
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

https://scccabco.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down