SCCC and endurance racing ?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SCCC and endurance racing ?

Post by Deutschland2007 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Bumpety bump! Very Happy It´s me again. Maybe we should discuss this abit more. If we get to race in IGTC (and I don´t think we will really), we might have a problem. The next endu racing series after the end of this years IGTC season, is the Grand Touring Amateur League. But you´re not allowed competing in the GTAL if you have already raced in IGTC or MoE. GTAL would be a ideal league for us. Very easy to drive GT2 spec cars in races that are far shorter than the ones in MoE, just right for endu racing newbees like us. But if race in IGTC we´ve had it. I somehow want to race in IGTC, but the other half of me wants to wait and sign up for GTAL. If we race in GTAL and don´t do all that bad we might get a chance of a GT2 class space in MoE. What do you think would be better?

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:16 pm

I think all depends on the time the races start and the days they race....

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:27 am

GianniC wrote:I think all depends on the time the races start and the days they race....

The races were all on Saturdays. Times can be seen here http://gtal.lightning-racing.de/schedule.html and the qual sessions are on the same day an hour or so before the race starts. Don´t think that NDR will change much, as it would make the series less popular.

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Looks good to me. I'd say go for the GTAL.

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm

GianniC wrote:Looks good to me. I'd say go for the GTAL.

I´d say that aswell. And everything is on the same day, not like in MoE, so you don´t have to look for spare time on 3 days. XRR or FXR would be a good choice. They don´t need so much fuel and are easier to drive than the FZR in GT2. Yes they´re not that easy on the tyres, but even if you can´t stay out longer with the tyres, you can run lighter on fuel then. Maybe you should sign us off again (can you say it like that lol)? And maybe you should also tell T7R thanks for lending us their server, but that we don´t need it for now. Smile

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 pm

VERY VERY BAD NEWS HERE: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1240999#post1240999 read the post and the posts after that one, also the ones on page 2 Crying or Very sad

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:35 pm

I never liked the idea of banning MoE/IGTC racers anyway ... but this is stupid.

So now we can't race anywhere? We have to hope we get in IGTC? Thats lame .. how on earth are people supposed to race anything ...

They should just allow people to sign up for GTAL and then remove you once you get in IGTC/MoE ...

Bah, i seriously think LFS is lacking starting leagues for endurance.
It seems a lot of people want to do it, but the choices are limited and the waiting lists are long.

Bah, i'm not happy right now Evil or Very Mad
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Rookie41 wrote:I never liked the idea of banning MoE/IGTC racers anyway ... but this is stupid.

So now we can't race anywhere? We have to hope we get in IGTC? Thats lame .. how on earth are people supposed to race anything ...

They should just allow people to sign up for GTAL and then remove you once you get in IGTC/MoE ...

Bah, i seriously think LFS is lacking starting leagues for endurance.
It seems a lot of people want to do it, but the choices are limited and the waiting lists are long.

Bah, i'm not happy right now Evil or Very Mad

I don´t get this really. I´m not angry, but really sad now. Sad Maybe GC should have a word with deko and DWB to get us out of this situation. Although I don´t think they will make an exception for us as this wouldn´t be fair really. And I also think there should be more endurance leagues for beginners and smaller teams.

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 pm

Do their rules really say you can't even sign up for IGTC/MoE if you want to sign up for GTAL??
We have never driving or even been accepted into any of the leagues ...

That would be utterly retarded ... it would force you to sign up for GTAL before you try something else ..

And yes i agree there is a lack of Endurance Leagues!
I've been busy thinking about it all of this morning, i will post some of my thoughts later today.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:01 am

Aren't the GTAL rules a bit dodgy?

Code:
3. IGTC and MoE Teams are allowed to take part in following cases:
- No driver in the lineup participates or participated in the current or previous MoE or IGTC season.
- If a team that already has an entry in MoE or IGTC wins the GTAL season championship, the (eventually given) prize for the season defaults to the first team in the championship order who do not already have a MoE/IGTC entry.

Does participate = Drive? Does it mean signed up for it?
AFAIK we are on the waiting list for IGTC and therefor we are not actively participating in it.

"If a team that already has an entry" once again .. what is meant by "have an entry"? Raced in it? Signed up for it?

These rules are very unclear to me.

-edit-
I posted this in the GTAL thread that you linked.
I'd like to have the rules explained properly so its crystal clear what is meant by them.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah, the rules are pretty dodgy here and there, but if we are allowed to participate it´s good to know that NDR has taken over, and their rulebooks are pretty clear about what is allowed and what isn´t. Really hope to get a clear answer so that we know if we are allowed to sign up or not. If not, I think I´d even go so far that I would pay money for a 30+ slot server and we would make our own league!

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:56 am

I would just sign up to GTAL anyway and see how we go. If we don't get into IGTC we can race in GTAL.

If we do get into IGTC we pull out of GTAL and continue racing.

I also want a clear answer from the GTAL Crew, but it appears to me we aren't doing anything wrong.
And we seem to be on "applying" to IGTC as we are not on the "waiting list".

We need to put our heads together and see if we want to do GTAL or not ... and apply for it.
Don't let some hotheaded guy turn you down from a league.

Unless the Crew says you're not allowed in, you're allowed in Wink

-edit-
Why did we sign up for IGTC instead of GTAL ?
It seems that newbie endurance racers start in GTAL, no?

-re-edit-
Ok, GC decided to get us signed up for IGTC as he knows people ...
Nothing stops us from signing up for GTAL.
If they decide to not let people who signed up for IGTC (but who didnt race yet) in GTAL, we can pull out of GTAL.
I don't see any problem with being signed up to both, especially since we will most likely not race in IGTC till next season.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:12 am

Rookie41 wrote:I would just sign up to GTAL anyway and see how we go. If we don't get into IGTC we can race in GTAL.

If we do get into IGTC we pull out of GTAL and continue racing.

I also want a clear answer from the GTAL Crew, but it appears to me we aren't doing anything wrong.
And we seem to be on "applying" to IGTC as we are not on the "waiting list".

We need to put our heads together and see if we want to do GTAL or not ... and apply for it.
Don't let some hotheaded guy turn you down from a league.

Unless the Crew says you're not allowed in, you're allowed in Wink

-edit-
Why did we sign up for IGTC instead of GTAL ?
It seems that newbie endurance racers start in GTAL, no?

-re-edit-
Ok, GC decided to get us signed up for IGTC as he knows people ...
Nothing stops us from signing up for GTAL.
If they decide to not let people who signed up for IGTC (but who didnt race yet) in GTAL, we can pull out of GTAL.
I don't see any problem with being signed up to both, especially since we will most likely not race in IGTC till next season.

The GTAL rules say it I think. GC knows lots of people (he has probably had lunch with all of them), and he signed us up for IGTC because the first race was closer to the current date as the next GTAL season. And I think newbie teams should start in GTAL. If we want to race in both leagues we need to get 6 additional ACTIVE drivers, and quality drivers are hard to come by these days. We´re just not like Conedodgers, who have so many members they could sign up for about 8 endurance leagues and not use a single driver in more than one league. Very Happy

And if I type /slap=Deutschland2007 ingame the only reply I get is unknown command Very Happy Sorry for making it sound more hopeless than it is. Very Happy

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:40 am

GTAL rules don't say anything about IGTC waiting list ... altho i want a clear answer from GTAL crew.

We'll see.

I hope September comes soon so we can start doing SCCC endurance training.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 am

Rookie41 wrote:GTAL rules don't say anything about IGTC waiting list ... altho i want a clear answer from GTAL crew.

We'll see.

I hope September comes soon so we can start doing SCCC endurance training.

I also want Sep. to come soon, but maybe I don´t as on 14th of Sep. school starts again for me. Sad And if you wanna give anyone a slap, give GC one. He´s the one who signed us up for IGTC in the first place. Razz Hope he uses real names for the GTAL signup. Very Happy

EDIT: deko posted. I think we´re allowed in. cheers

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:02 am

Looks like it.

So all we have to do is put our Endurance Racer heads together and check if we want to sign up for GTAL or not.

Next GTAL Season is during winter (European Season)
Next IGTC Season is during summer, right? (European Season)

So it looks we can sign up for both .. and do both if we're lucky Wink
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 am

Rookie41 wrote:Looks like it.

So all we have to do is put our Endurance Racer heads together and check if we want to sign up for GTAL or not.

Next GTAL Season is during winter (European Season)
Next IGTC Season is during summer, right? (European Season)

So it looks we can sign up for both .. and do both if we're lucky Wink

Nope don´t think so. IGTC already starts in February and GTAL has only one race a month and I think NDR wants to have a season with more than 5 races. Maybe we need more new members then. Very Happy

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 am

Problem ? What problem ? Problem solved. Smile

Reason for signing up in IGTC was to make it clear that we mean serious business for our endurance racing attempt. It gives us a name and gives me contacts to... contact (ya duh!). I'd say it is better that we do not combine IGTC and GTAL. I'd prefer GTAL over IGTC, simply because doing good in GTAL is a welcome in MoE in one season or two (in combination with our contacts Wink). Personally I've already OLFSL, in combo with GTAL this would be enough for me to try first, if more is possible we can do more but I'd like to go step by step. I'd keep our IGTC application so we stand on the waiting list, until we got full confirmation of being able to race in GTAL. When we have that we withdraw from IGTC (unless by then it is clear that we can handle more, then we combine both).

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 am

Sounds good to me! Great idea.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 am

GTAL previsionary rulebook:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1247035#post1247035

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Today, Rookie and me had a long discussion on our server about the next IGTC race. I started at some point with "Tbh, I hate this combo so much I just can´t drive there at all" and Rookie replied something like "I think we´re too slow for IGTC and I don´t really feel ready for it". And it went to so on. Our verdict: Throw the IGTC plans for this year into the bin and sign up for GTAL. Smaller league with slower, easier to drive cars. And if I have not misunderstood something, it says that if you take part in any IGTC or MoE event before you made a start in GTAL you´re not allowed to take part in it anymore. I really don´t want to risk that! GTAL is better league for endurance newboys like us and the GT2 cars are much easier to drive and to set up. I really feel bad writing this now Gianni, as I have the feeling that I leave you alone with your IGTC plans. I really hope you don´t hate me now. Sad

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by GianniC on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 am

We might not be ready for IGTC, but lets make that conclusion only after trying. GTAL application is 100% sure. Racing in the next IGTC round is not certain for sure; 8h event = double points. More teams will race and not skip the round. Eitherway, like it or not: this combo will return in our endurance racing adventures.

Doing one event in IGTC will be no problem for our GTAL application, don't worry Wink.

GianniC
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deutschland2007 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 am

GianniC wrote:We might not be ready for IGTC, but lets make that conclusion only after trying. GTAL application is 100% sure. Racing in the next IGTC round is not certain for sure; 8h event = double points. More teams will race and not skip the round. Eitherway, like it or not: this combo will return in our endurance racing adventures.

Doing one event in IGTC will be no problem for our GTAL application, don't worry Wink.

Can´t you buy ben a beer so he changes the combo to our liking? Very Happy

How can that race not be a problem for our appication? Does everybody already know we´re rubbish? scratch Laughing And, don´t say teams won´t attend. In GTAL many teams weren´t participating in the last race either. Razz

Deutschland2007
V.I.P member
V.I.P member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am

Deutschland2007 wrote:Does everybody already know we´re rubbish?

Speak for yourself ! I'm totally pathetic, not rubbish Twisted Evil

I'll drive it, all i need is a few more setups so i can find one that suits me ... i have a different driving style (according to D2007, since he tailormade my Ky3R set).

Btw, when is our first endurance practice? I wanna know so i can arrange things with work.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Sept 2nd Practice?

Post by atomant on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Are we still on for Wednesday Sept 2nd?

AAnt
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down