The Sccabco Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Races down, 3.50 Rating

2 posters

Go down

3 Races down, 3.50 Rating Empty 3 Races down, 3.50 Rating

Post by atomant Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 am

Did a .53 second place race at 5AM, was an great start, and I know you can all view the replay, so here's my question.

I would have had 1st, however, on the second last lap I had a 5 secs freeze. It was only from years of driving that I knew it would not drop my connect, seen no SKEW (S) in IRace, no PING jump. What I did notice right away was all sound went to static and harsh echo, I could still hear gear changes and engine but with the same mystery static (No external speakers on, I was on headphones)

To transmit would only result in static to other drivers, and I could only here them in a repeat loop.

I have gone over every inch of my system, it wasn't doing this before my Dec wipe ( I wipe my drive at Xmas every year).

So..I thought this must be graphic related or CPU/RAM..doesn't matter...all graphics on or off i get stable 79/62 fps..no SKEW no (p)

Watch the replay and see if you can see that supposed lag. The second it happened, Driver Hiro asked me where i went..and when I responded (through IRace chat) i was still on the same corner with Him having passed me...like lag in LFS and the steering still responded and i just drove blind for that 5 secs.

Sorry for the long post, but if you could weigh in with any thoughts, otherwise I will re-wipe the drive and start over...takes like 2 hours to be wiped to IRace, and I will eliminate chit on the way up.

I think i have a Physx engine issue.

AAnt

Wakey (Gary) already suggested a re install of Irace, and nothing else has been affected (streaming movies, other high tasking games ie: MOHA.

LFS still runs sweet as ever.

atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

3 Races down, 3.50 Rating Empty Re: 3 Races down, 3.50 Rating

Post by Colt Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

We cant see the replay of races but we can see the stats of each race, and there's not much we can do to help you.
Maybe it was overheating or a long lag but from what you describe it certainly comes from your PC having a bad time.
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 am

Yes wakey pointed that out..he was watching live..My system never overheats, it is well within specs, it is a Nvida physx issue, my screen on high def for everything is fine..no lag, only time it happens is when I go TRANSMIT, then it becomes an issue.

Nvida likes to load HD audio, and even though I use only my 510HD logi for com, that dam HD seems to Be the issue. I'm bot so worried about me , it's more of an issue for certain vid cards VS their audio drivers.

I have figured out how to play my music while driving (not ogg like LFS).

I'll tell you this ..if I cannot talk with team mates and listen to my tunes while driving...then the game is lax..Wakey is a hoot to talk too while driving so is Mauni Izzy and others..you take that away and we are a sticker on a car.
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 am

I thank you for your input and understand this is my pc issue, but still IRacing lets you drive alone..LFS lets you drive chat listen ect, Irace needs to do like project cars and let it be developed nu that next smart person. omly then will we be truly like getting in a car .

I need my tunes and my people (team mates) otherwise it's just like ...hot lapping to bad music and no support.
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:45 am

Laurent (hope i spelled that right)

Look at this, TGrandgent homepage..a little program called taconf, this guy is a former NASSA member and a smart cookie.

That is so far ahead of skype 8 years ago.

Runs all voice over any other..causes .02 resource..I will not drive without music and team mates, or some Yanks to yell at, I have worked the tunes out now as well. Becoming one of my faves.

But when it gets glitch y IRace is a BIT*H

Last edited by atomant on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:17 am

Weee...I was right it was a nvidia PhysX issue, it has to do with the card loading HD audio, took me 1 week by process of elimination.

Please understand, I would not have been so insistANT if Irace never worked.

Happy to also say that Project CARS is running fine, can't wait.

Thx for the inputs, hope someone else benefits from this post.

Merry Xmas Teammates.

AAnt...one of many

atomant
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: