Interested in joining

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interested in joining

Post by tommy10101 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 am

Hello cabbies!!!!

My name is Tom, and I am 21. I hope that doesn't immediately
Ruin my chances of joining, I saw somewhere u want 30+.

But hey, at least I'm not 12 and I am a mature 21 I would say. I Work for airbus as a
Design engineer.

I have been racing lfs since 2005 and have over 50,000 miles to my name. I used to be a member of the old school Legends team. My race name is ToM. I have seen many of you, has anyone seen me? Smile

I like to think I am quick, but also very consistent. looking for a team to enter leagues with and generally have a good clean race with.

I hope you consider my application, I feel I am experienced enough to deserve a team Very Happy

Kind regards

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Interested in joining

Post by Jettascuba on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi Tom

Think I raced with you, maybe last night on Fox Junkies (?).

Can you tell me something about the Legends team - I am a relative new comer to LFS so don't know it.

What kind of design to you do for Airbus? Electronic, mechanical, software, structural etc?

Why don't you join OLFSL and the last race of the OLFSL league so that we can race with you? www.lfs-league.com. Quali before next Thursday (2oth), race Sunday 23rd....

Regards
- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

http://www.capetownscuba.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Gerrit

Thanks for your reply. Yes that was most likely me on fox junkies last night, one of my fav servers!

The legends team is probably about as old as SCCC. But is disbanding now I think. Stonecold is probably the most well known driver from there I remember and they were all bloody quick!

I work on leading edge structural design. Enjoy it alot. Very creative and varied.

I have already subscribed for the last olfsl race so I will see you there. You can judge my driving there I suppose:) let me know if there are any practice sessions you guys are planning on doing for that race or any other as well and I'll come along.

Cheers
Tom

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Tom

Yeah, Fox Junkies and Oval Junkies are my 2 favourite servers, so you'll see me often there... not as fast as you though ;-). Am getting better though, and may join the Event server Friday night too, if you have time, drop in, quali from 19h30 to 20h00, race from 20h00 (GMT), AS National Reverse, probably like 40 or 50 laps, Fox.

Cool that you subscribed for the last OLFSL race, you'll find not a lot of activity for that combo at the moment, due to three weeks break between races, but it will pick up from later this week on. Check out KA Server where me and Ant mostly hang out for OLFSL practise. There's also usually a test race on KA the Sat before the official race...

Over to Ant, see you on track

- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 am

Takes a while for us to review. I'm a newbe and i have well over 100,000 miles.

One of the reasons SCCC asks you to be commited...no leaving, you're a cabbie for life.

I have a gent TGrandgent, from my old NASSA team, he's out there running all alone, poor fellow.he doesn't get a badge instanly, he's been on iracing since 2008.

Tell us why you want to leave your current team.

If it's non activity..in lfs..@21 that's not a reason

Last edited by atomant on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:28 am

Last edited by atomant on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 am

Hi Tom and thanks for your interest towards the team. I don't remember racing with you (I race too seldom nowadays), but you seem like reasonable chap. The 30 year limit isn't strict, it's just that we don't want immature people who leave after two weeks/months to our team. Many of us have kids and are busy in real life, so we are often inactive in the virtual one...

After reading your initial post, I was going to suggest joining OLFSL, but Gerrit was faster Smile. Nice to see you signed up already.

It didn't say were you are from in your post? I would guess you're a Brit?

What cars do you prefer in LFS?

Best regards,
Mauni

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Thank you all for your response.

I am indeed a Brit, from England Bristol.
I fully understand and applaud your 30+ rule if it means you can stay clear of the younger drivers who will leave after a matter of weeks. I can 100% assure you I am not one of them. I love LFS too much to bail on one of the most respected and long lasting teams there is. (suck up points?)

I am all about realism, it's what I enjoy most. Things such as destruction derby do not appeal to me in the slightest. Nor drift if I'm honest. I live for the battles, wheel to wheel racing lap after lap really gets my adrenaline pumping as does the constant strive to beat my PBS.

I love Fox junkies as I find many fast clean racers there and there is always a
Chance to have a good race. However, after a couple of months on iracing and there longer races I have realised I need a bit more, such as having to look after my tires, pit stop strategies and also the fact racers are more careful
And look after their cars with more care (more realistic) on longer races. I am thinking about cancelling my iracing membership to concentrate on LFS however as contrary to what alot of people say, the LFS tire model is better!

I'm afraid I can't compete with tgrandgent and his computer knowledge but I promise you I can bring a committed attitude and clean fast consistent driving to your team.

I am still registered in the legends team from years ago but they have disbanded and have had no activity what so ever so I am not really a member with them anymore in my opinion.

My racing name is ToM. I have met many racers over the years I have been playing who I'm sure can vouch for my driving. I would like the chance to join your server and show you what I've got.

Lastly, I want to be part of a professional and well managed team rather than my previous experiences of lack of activity from the rest of my team mates therefore I am happy to work at getting my spot in SCCC knowing it is not taken lightly.

This is not just a phase, I have been racing lfs every week for 6 years more
Or less so you won't see me disappearing anytime soon. I have done alot of millage offline on LAN with my brother who is also a keen driver.

Please consider my application as I really really like the look of you guys. Seen many of you online and every single one has been a brilliant fair driver.

What else do you want to know about me?

Thanks
Tom

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Two favourite cars:

Road: RAC
Race: FOX

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi ToM

RAC? You must be crazy! Agggh joking, I actually learned to love the bieastch after one race, and love to take it touring on Aston Grand Touring, such a feeling being fast on the open road...

Sorry I missed you last night on cargames.s2...

Checked the legends web site, yeah, seems like the team died some years ago :-( and can't blame you for looking for a new team - well, kudos to you for still being a member of it ;-), looks like you are indeed not a 'team-jumper'...

At the risk of being shot, I agree with you on that the LFS physics are more accurate than iracing, from what I have read and researched, but not experienced. A number of drivers say that LFS is dead due to lack of activity, but I feel the driver pool is just getting diluted by the amount of entertainment offered on the internet... the guys that sees a challenge in bettering their pb's, and general driving skills, won't leave... for me there is something clean about LFS... pure driving...

LIke you, I like the gentleman servers... but I am not yet at the stage where I can say I am up to wheel-to-wheel racing... getting there slowly.

Will try to catch you tonight somewhere on a server if you are on... I am mostly on AMG GTR motorsport, cargames.s2, fox junkies... ours paths may have crossed more than once... hopefully not literally ;-). Doing lots of hotlap practising on my own.

How's the FO8 practice on WE1 going??

BTW, nice intro ;-)

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 pm

oh, btw, what I don't like of a lot of younger drivers is their naturally talent of being fast, but without any experience or respect for others... they are the guys who start at the back (as they never finish) of a race, speed past everyone and causes a pile-up on turn one...

I also strongly believe in the 'Clean Driving Rules'...

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 pm

"somthing clean about LFS, pure driving"

Amazing! Couldn't agree more, been looking for the words to explain it and you hit it right on the head.

I have about 10 laps only practice on fO8 at westhill but I have alot to prove next weekend so I'm hoping to get more practice in soon for sure.Smile

Even after the years of Iracing develoement, It honestly isn't close to the tire to Tarmac feel you get with LFS. I have driven many laps on iracing in many cars and I fully believe this. The way the races are set up and monitored in iracing however is brilliant and I feel leagues and organised events are the only way to get the same effect in LFS.

Car game, fox junkies and AMG GTR are the three I use as well. Sadly they seem to be the only servers with a constant amount of drivers. As soon as S3 comes out (it will someday) LFS popularity will sky rocket I'm sure of it.

Yes, hope to see you soon mate and hopfully I will be wearing the SCCC badge Smile

Regards
Tom

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

And yes I agree,

It's one thing being able to hotlap quickly, quite another staying on track for 40 laps battling for space on track. It's all about race craft Smile

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:45 am

Can a cabbie please confirm my application is being considered?

Last I heard was my driving will be assessed at the final OLFSL event at westhill next weekend?

Is that still the case?

Best regards
Tom

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi ToM

I don't have any authority to answer your question, being the newest member of the team, and not knowing the process that gets followed.

All I can say is, I did put up a message (in private sccc forum) to get an answer to your question... I suspect that what you basically want to know is whether you are wasting your time with your application or not (?).

- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for your help. And yes, I just want to know if I should continue looking elsewhere. Although to be honest I have looked at all teams there is and SCCC would be my first choice. I just hope the management recognise my commitment.

I do however realise that my driving will need to be assessed as at the moment it is only my word you have.

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 pm

ToM

I do not think it is really possible at the moment to tell you whether your application is being considered. When Mauni and I suggested that you join the final OLFSL race, his (I think) and my intention was for us to see who you are... Thus I think it is unrealistic to expect an answer right at this moment... Furthermore SCCC is not just about driving, it is also about who you are, and none of us really know yet.

A bit off the topic... OLFSL... my first league experience... the first 9 races was just about racing, yes, drivers helping each other or pissing each other off too... The last 3 races, my feeling, personalities came into play, people start to know others' personalities... and with this, a lot of good and bad is coming into play... 7 months of practising about every evening together, racing, communicating... you start to know people... maybe even getting too close...

I don't even know all the Cabbies - Mauni - the fast guy, always willing to help with sets, Izzy (Istabraq), always there, sometimes fast, sometimes not, but steady. Ant, all over... the guy who keep the LFS team going and taught me in the MRT South City race that speed isn't all... Rookie41 - the first SCCC driver I raced against (FO9 South City), and me totally noob felt I was treated with respect by him during the race, also the XFR race at FE Gold, we bumped a little he got into the sand, but both survived and both felt bad... Other guys, Wakey, Sprinter, Colt, Lake, who am I missing?, I only know about them through messages on the forum, but I feel positive towards them...

And I think... this is what SCCC wants to know...

Last edited by Jettascuba on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting spelling mistakes)

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Jettascuba wrote:ToM

I do not think it is really possible at the moment to tell you whether your application is being considered. When Mauni and I suggested that you join the final OLFSL race, his (I think) and my intention was for us to see who you are... Thus I think it is unrealistic to expect an answer right at this moment... Furthermore SCCC is not just about driving, it is also about who you are, and none of us really know yet.

Gerrit summed it up very well.

We like to get familiar with people who are interested in joining the team. Many of us are inactive and don't visit the forum so often, so please be patient ToM. Your application is definitely not rejected, it's just the rusty old cog wheels of an old team spin slowly before any decisions are made...

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:12 pm

thanks for all your info Gerrit,

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone very much. However i do not have a mic at the moment, do all you guys have one? is it a problem if i dont?

I am sure ill get to know you all better once I have raced with everyone. I know you will all be very clean and fair racers. First meeting being F08 at westhill and I cant wait. Its a frisky car on a fast track, o my.

Thanks again for your help Gerrit and thanks Mauni, ill be patient Smile

Ask me anything SCCC
see you on the black stuff

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:36 pm

ToM

Think most guys have a mic, but for myself, my job, being a scuba instructor and working with people day in day out also in my other sidelines, is about talking, and I am married, so I have to listen to THE VOICE and respond to it, so when I race, mostly I like the sound of my engine.... ;-). and I am an introvert so talking drains my energy...

- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:18 pm

It is not a waste of time, mostly in the past an application has taken about 2 weeks to get everyones feed back.

The LFS division of SCCC has taken a bit of a resurgance over the last year and continues to grow. You seem like a decent enough chap, just a matter of getting everyones input Very Happy

Take care.

AAnt
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by atomant on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Ok so a pool is under way for Tom to join, so cast your vote in the members section.

Looks good so far.

AAnt
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:48 pm

this is exciting... saw ToM on Fox Junkies tonight... he survived Aldoz in a duel... Aldoz usually kills me... but good driving, hard but fair...

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:45 am

Haha yeh Gerrit,

That was a good race! Smile

Looking forward to hearing the results of this poll.

Thanks to you all

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Vote is still active Smile

I must warn you beforehand, ToM. We are not always the most active team around Wink

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top