The Sccabco Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How thing's in Oval Colt

2 posters

Go down

How thing's in Oval Colt Empty How thing's in Oval Colt

Post by lake Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Hey Colt, apparently u seems to be addicted to oval's now.

I should understand how to be motivate to drive oval's.

Many drivers doing thoses series but what is so exciting?

It's probably more the strategy than the driving isnt it?

Are setup's important too?
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

https://scccabco.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

How thing's in Oval Colt Empty Re: How thing's in Oval Colt

Post by Colt Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:20 am

I really enjoy the ovals now, you dont have to train a lot to be in in top 5 and learning tracks is easy Very Happy (turn left and then left).

The trucks is the most populated serie i think but class B attracts a lot of people with the new tyre model, which is excellent by the way.

The excitment comes from close driving with others and the strategy management, you have to manage tyres and fuel.

The driving is not so easy as it looks as you have to be really on the edge to keep up with the top guys.

Setups are important of course and the setup gurus are always sharing their good ones, all i do is adapt a few parameters to my liking et voila Very Happy
Come to the dark side of racing, it is really a nice challenge.
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lake Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:14 am

Im able with my oval license to drive Trucks and i will probably try especially when my mad triple installation will be ready.

Is there some rules or behaviour to have on ovals?

For a classic race, how many pits do you make ?

I suppose you're not running full tank at the start cos tyres will be dead after couple of laps.

Last question, after going out of pits, can you cut directly the yellow line to go on track or you must wait a straight line?

Colt, i hope you dont forget that theres is not only left turns in racing Smile
lake
lake
Admin
Admin

https://scccabco.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colt Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:34 pm

The pit strategy is really the hardest part to get (2 tyres or 4 tyres and how many fuel to add) it depends on yellow flags and fuel consumption, generally you pit when a yellow flag comes or you're out of fuel.

Full tank is mandatory on the starts and also in qualifying , tyres dont last much especially with NTM but it's part of the strategy, if you dont hurt your tyres much you will do good, dont push too hard at the beginning to save some tyres.

going out of pits is difficult too, you have to be very cautious as other cars are full speed on track, it's better to join on the back straight.

By the way i've just been fast tracked to class A with my last race where i finished 3rd in class B COT at new hampshire Very Happy
Colt
Colt
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down