OLFSL 2011 Season.

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OLFSL 2011 Season.

Post by atomant on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Hold onto your Hats boys, I started second in my class c pool with a 32mph Headwind in the UF1..79 MPH was fast.

I held 1st second third second on lap 6 some a hole...just drives straight through a cruve and spins me..damage..i rejoined like a pro...IZZY starts in last...drives my get off the line quick set and Blows by 5 guys before lap 1 then some non braking dick hits him, but it was the weirdest thing because his tire leaned into all the quick corners.

He beat me.

Om anither note, Mr Bean took the fastest lap last might on Top Gear Smile
atomant
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:50 am

Next event is coming up.
Make sure you put in your laps Smile

I just checked my public holiday calendar and I now have a smile on my face.
I will be able to participate on the 2nd of October - Kyoto - National reverse with the BF1 due to a public holiday on race day!
I''ll have to dust off my wheel and get some practice in by then, but Rookie41 should be able to represent SCCC in that event Smile

Looking forward to it.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for the heads up Smile

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:50 am

Any sets for the next event?
4 days left to set a laptime and I've done less than 3 full laps so far (without setup) :/
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:49 am

I put one qualy setup here (from setupfield with modified cambers): http://www.student.oulu.fi/~markusso/LFS/

I'm not very good with formulas, but after some ten laps of practise, I got a 1:19.5 with it. It should also be usable for race with R3 tyres.

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Thx Mauni Smile
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 am

After some thoughts I have decided not to qualify for this weekends OLFLS race.
I've hardly done any LFS training in the last few months and I don't see myself getting ready for a Monday morning race.
I get up at 4 am every day and Monday is my extra day off from work as well.
I'm going to enjoy sleeping in another day Smile

Good luck with the races and fingers crossed we catch KA.
-R41
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:04 am

Started watching replays from Event 11 and I'm in total shock.
Has the quality of drivers gone downhill lately, because I don't remember it being like this last season.

The total lack of respect for other drivers, the complete ignorance and reckless driving is shocking.
People swearing at other drivers during the race .. my god.

Just a snapshot from Pool 3:

RTSW ICE goes full speed in [FF]T.Kay in the first corner after the cars in front of him had a collision (he can see it happening, doesn't lift off and send T.Kay flying)
Same lap, near the end while chasing Russ.Reeno and Wobo. RTSW ICE brakes early, then speeds up during braking and bumbs Wobo off the road.
Completely avoidable incident.

KKX@andrespeed tries to overtake -VR-Borjito on the outside of lap one, they make contact and both hit the wall but are able to continue the race.
-VR-Borjito pushes the leader KKX@andrespeed sideways on lap 6 and continues to push him until he is in the sand.
KKX@andrespeed rejoins the track on the raceline and collects MntRunner who loses a handful of spots due to this incident.
A few laps later KKX@andrespeed pits and swears at Borjita, calling him a "son of a wh***".

Lap 9, RTSW Ice overtakes SCCC|Istabraq and makes some sweeping moves to clearly push him out of the way. Ista makes slight contact with the wall.

Total madness imo.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:38 am

Please don't watch the pool 2 replay, I was horrible there Razz. After a good start I rear ended Baxeg in the turn before 1st split after missing my brake point. Luckily he didn't get any damage or lose positions.
One lap later Solar spun with another guy after the same turn. Again I was too late on brakes, hit Solar hard, sending him flying and landed upside down, sorry Solar Sad.
I dropped to last, while waiting for the traffic to pass, because I had spun the wrong way round during the incident. Then I noticed my suspension was severely damaged, so I limped to the pits for a long repair.

And that's not all... During the race we were talking with AtomAnt on Skype. On lap 4 I got urgent real life issue I had to take care of. So I left and switched Skype off. That resulted to AA getting called to the desktop and crash in-game, because of a Skype pop-up window. I'm very sorry for that Ant Embarassed

Ista seems to always have bad luck. He's a very sensible driver, but always gets into incidents he can do nothing to prevent Evil or Very Mad

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Rookie41: last two or more races I did find a total lack of respect for other drivers among the fast inexperienced drivers. I suspect they are clueless about the 'Clean Racing Rules', or they simply don't care. Because of this I put in an appeal after race 10 against a driver who had a number of other warnings.

In race 11, that RTSW Ice incident with T.Kay also indrectly causes Lore to hit me, my car flipped, but I could continue, be it in last position.

It seems to got worse from the UF1 race... and somehow its always the same drivers involved.

I so wished we could've caught KA Team, but I fear our chances are now gone, we need like 250 points - we basically blew it during the Fox FE Green race :-(

Last edited by Jettascuba on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inserted words 'lack of')

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

http://www.capetownscuba.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:32 am

I put my first qualy lap in for the next event.
Need some serious practice, I'm too slow Razz
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:24 am

Does anyone know if there's a test race for FO8@WE1 combo on coming weekend? I might be able to join if there's one.

Looks like two 16 and one 17 drivers grids, if they go with 3 pools. 12,5% of all drivers are cabbies Razz

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 am

I hope they go with 2 pools!!!

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 am

ToM

2 pools will be first turn mayhem... count my words... well, make it 1st, 2nd, 3rd and chicane mayhem... then the survivors will be well separated from the rest. I miss my days of being in the last row... I always did well then, just wave to the crashed pack, nowadays, I am doing so bad in races... starting in middle of the pack... luckily the Fo8 is not prone to damage unlike the BF1.

For myself I am really afraid for the start, after my BF1 got airborne and flipped over on KY2r during T1 chaos.

Am hoping for a nice easy pool3 drive...

As for SCCC.... after doing every variation of point calculation, we cannot beat KA... they will only receive 150-170 points for this last race, and it will be their second worst, so whether Sheepy pitch or not, the last race won't count for them. We can get a max of like 300 points, they still will beat us by 125 points,

BUT: we have to do our utmost best to prevent TEM from passing us, R4F won't pass us, no drivers, but TEM Parker on his own can let his team win us...

So, we are well populated everywhere, never mind how many pools, we have to got for it, and not kill each other. ToM is also important, the better he do, the less points to other teams...

All in all, very cool to see all the Cabbies in this race :-)

- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:27 am

I'm pumped for this race.
My strategy is easy: FINISH the race Smile

Starting 3rd last, so I should be well clear of first lap mayhem.
Just need to get used to driving longer stints, save the tires and practice pitstops.
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:35 pm

I am also pumped for my first race representing sccc.
Even though im not officially representing you according to OLFSL yet. But its no biggie. Im guessing they have a certain time frame in which you can add drivers to your team or somthing.

My aim is to be consistant as think consistancy will be key here. These cars are tricky. One wheel slightly on the grass and your finsihed!!! Very Happy

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi ToM

According to SCCC you are officially representing the team - as I stated.. every point you take from another team is to SCCC's advantage... My first OLFSL race as team member, I couldn't represent the team either, was disappointed, but I had an awful race at KY3 in the UF1, a mess of a race.

Yes, the FO8 is a bitch - most important, if you hit the grass, lift off! And let her run...

Hope we can have a test race tonight on KA - I will drop by at about 18h30 GMT to see... then we can test a few racing sets too...

- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Yeh that would be useful. I need to test the r3s to see how durable they are. I'm avaliable until about 19:00 from now.
Let me know if you manage to sort anything out buddy

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettascuba on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:33 pm

ToM

R3's seems to be ok, have a bit of trouble with fronts on low wing settings, and race is simply not long enough to temp fate with R4's. Haven't done enough laps to see whether tyre temperatures will stabilise, but I suspect we'll have to lift front wing setting to prevent sliding.

Maybe meet us 18h30 on KA server for a few practise runs? Me and Ant will be there.

So happy with 3 pools! Drivers are nicely split according to abilities. Pool 2 has good drivers also and should give you a great race. If you can win my friend Sheepy, you may put a gold star on your number plate ;-). I do better in small pools...

- Gerrit

Jettascuba
Friendly member
Friendly member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:30 am

I did a fair bit of laps the last 2 days (about full race distance, yes thats more than normal for me Smile ), R3's work for me.
1.27.xx's all the time, way off pace but that's how I drive Laughing

Going to not score points for the team this event as I will have to drop out about 60% into the race as I have to leave for work Sad

I did tons of starts and got the hang of it, but I'm still going to lift off and take it easy the first few corners cause that's where you lose the race.

I use ANT's qualy setup with R3's and 1 degree less front/rear wing. Seems to work for me (keeps the tires good) and is still stable Smile
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie41 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 am

I added the Dan Wheldon Tribute logo to my car skin (from news post http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=news&nid=638 )

Screenshot:
R41 DW Screenshot

Edit:

Added "RIP Marco Simoncelli" to the rear wing after today's tragic crash in MotoGP that resulted in his death.
Sad weeks in MotorSport Sad
Rookie41
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Sad week for Motorsport for sure:(
R.I.P.

Just wondering what fuel strategy you guys are going to run?
I'm probably going for 34% at start and then pit on about
Lap 18 for new r3s and another 34% fuel.

Has anyone worked out if this is quicker than starting with 68% ish?
I think these cars are alot slower on full tanks.

Let me know cabbies Smile

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:20 pm

O and remember the GMT time differnce fellow British cabbies. Smile
It nearly caught me out.

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:48 pm

tommy10101 wrote:Just wondering what fuel strategy you guys are going to run?
I'm probably going for 34% at start and then pit on about
Lap 18 for new r3s and another 34% fuel.

Has anyone worked out if this is quicker than starting with 68% ish?
I think these cars are alot slower on full tanks.

Let me know cabbies Smile

We ran a test race yesterday with Ant, Gerrit, me and some others. Full 36 laps. I don't know about Gerrit, but both Ant and I started with fuel for whole distance. I had 55, which would have been enough, if I hadn't got stuck on sand pit on lap 35 Embarassed. Ant was complaining that full fuel killed drive-ability of the car, but on my setup I didn't notice much difference. I'll start with 55 and fill up if I need to (if there is wind).

E: From OLFSL site:
IMPORTANT!
Race lenght has been cut to 25 laps due to scheduling problems. Sorry about the trouble this will cause; remember to calculate the required fuel again. Other race conditions are not affected/changed.

SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy10101 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Now thats what I call a race!!!

Pool 2 for me was brilliant. I loved every second of it. Very clean race in all for me with everyone leavin lots of room. I maintained about a 3 second gap to Mauni for pretty much the whole race never being able to quite catch him up Very Happy

Sorry about your t1 incident istabraq. I haven't seen the replay yet so not quite sure what happened.

Thanks guys! Smile

tommy10101
SCCC Member
SCCC Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top